House owning is a wonderful thing; it enables the person to possess a peaceful dwelling place. Moreover, it can be considered as a valuable asset for the purpose of investment or renting. Especially if the property owned is a splendid city such as New York, house owning is awesome. The place offers a superb standard of living blended with vibrant and lively city life. Ample educational and employment opportunities, health facilities make the place a most sought of place for inhabitation.
If one is looking for the tenant for a property in New York, he is likely to get thousands of applicants. But one has to be careful while picking the tenant who is reliable and trustworthy. The most crucial part in this quest is to check the credit status of the tenant. It will help the landlord in assessing that whether the tenant would be able to pay the monthly rent. One can hire the professional assistant for knowing and checking the credit status of the tenant.
Such services help in easily checking the tenants’ credit by presenting a detailed report of the credit score. It also helps in checking the issues which might have led to lowering of the credit score of the tenant.
Several factors are considered in making a credit report, which are as follows:
- Total debts
- Total credits used
- Delay in credits
- Present collection accounts
- Public records
- Worst credit status
Though a credit score of 700 and above is considered to be good, yet there are several other factors which are needed to be considered, along with the credit score of the applicant. These factors are as follows:
- The age of the applicant: There is a direct relation between the age of the applicant and the credit score. The younger applicants might not have gotten enough opportunities to build up positive credit scores.
- The location of the property: Different regions have different credit scores. The credit score is likely to vary as per the employment rates in the area and value of the property in the area. So one needs to check out these factors to find out the average credit score of the area.
- Factors affecting the tenant’s credit score: There are several issues which may lay a negative impact on the applicant’s credit score, which has to be examined closely to get the right picture.
- The Income of the tenant: Income is one of the key factors for assessing the tenants’ ability to pay the house rent. It enables the person to draw an idea, that’ how much money the person is able to lay aside after bearing the monthly expenses.
- If the credit score of the applicant is far below the average one, there is a still chance for him to apply with a co-signer which could the parent of the person.
Renting the property helps in ensuring a regular source of income for the person. Yet one has to be moved carefully, in order to avoid hassles and complications which might emerge. Checking the credit score of the potential renter is one of the chief steps in this direction.